Third woman steps forward, accuses Gov. Cuomo of sexual harassment

As News 12 has reported, Gov. Cuomo is already accused of sexually harassing two members of his staff.

News 12 Staff

Mar 3, 2021, 3:30 AM

Updated 1,177 days ago

Share:

People at the state Capitol are wondering if Gov. Andrew Cuomo will issue a statement now that a third woman came forward Monday accusing him of sexual harassment.
So far, he has not. State Attorney General Letitia James has also not weighed in on the new allegation. She will be investigating the alleged cases.
Leaders of the State Senate and Assembly announced this afternoon that they're reached agreement on a plan to repeal the emergency powers granted to Gov. Cuomo during the pandemic. They say a vote could happen as early as this Friday.
Cuomo, a Democrat, has not been seen in public since new details of the sexual harassment complaints became public last week.
One former administration employee, Lindsey Boylan, said Cuomo kissed her on the lips, commented on her appearance and summoned her to an unnecessary private meeting in his office after a holiday party.
Another former employee, 25-year-old Charlotte Bennett, said Cuomo questioned her about her sex life, talked about being lonely and asked if she would be open to a sexual relationship with an older man. And late Monday, a third woman, Anna Ruch, said in a New York Times story that Cuomo touched her back and face without consent and asked to kiss her in the middle of a 2019 wedding reception, moments after they met.
Legislators are continuing to weigh in on the allegations. There are those who are calling for Cuomo to resign. Others say they want to wait to see the results of the investigation. There is agreement though that the nursing home investigation and now a probe into the governor's alleged sexual harassment has become a distraction.
"This is not the time to be dealing with this mess," says state Sen. Alexis Weik, (R-Sayville).
AP Wire Services contributed to this report.



More from News 12