11 forced out by Norwalk fire

A fast-moving fire at a two-family home forced nearly a dozen residents out into the cold in Norwalk Wednesday night. Firefighters responded to the scene on Bouton Street at around 6:30 p.m. They say

News 12 Staff

Nov 21, 2014, 3:39 AM

Updated 3,495 days ago

Share:

A fast-moving fire at a two-family home forced nearly a dozen residents out into the cold in Norwalk Wednesday night.
Firefighters responded to the scene on Bouton Street at around 6:30 p.m. They say the blaze started on the first floor, where it did the most damage, before spreading to the second floor.
Officials say the fire spread quickly in part because of vinyl siding.
The Red Cross is helping nine adults and two children find a place to stay. Yellow caution tape hangs in front of debris next to the house, and the windows have all been boarded up.
Authorities say the house is unlivable.
While officials are still investigating the fire, they suspect an electrical space heater is to blame. They say the house had smoke detectors, though they are not sure if they were working properly.


More from News 12