Bridgeport apartment fire displaces 5

<p>A fire at the intersection of Pembroke and Ogden streets in Bridgeport's East Side left five people without a place to sleep Wednesday.</p>

News 12 Staff

Jan 18, 2018, 1:17 AM

Updated 2,319 days ago

Share:

A fire at the intersection of Pembroke and Ogden streets in Bridgeport's East Side left five people without a place to sleep Wednesday.
Fire officials say the flames may have sparked in the basement and worked their way up through the walls. 
"It took our members a fair amount of time to get into the basement to get to the scene of the fire," said Deputy Chief Ronald Rolfe of the Bridgeport Fire Department.
Nobody was hurt. Firefighters say they rescued a 4-year-old pit bull from one of the apartments.
"He means the world to me," said Jason Nieves, the dog's owner. "I had him since he was 5 months old, and he's my best friend."
The Stratford and Fairfield fire departments assisted. 


More from News 12