HEAT ALERT

Extreme heat settles in Connecticut starting Tuesday

Bridgeport family displaced after house fire

A Bridgeport family is displaced after a fire tore through their home early Sunday morning. Officials say the flames broke out at 347 Wilmot Ave. According to homeowner Bill Kirby, a burning candle

News 12 Staff

Jun 8, 2015, 1:47 AM

Updated 3,298 days ago

Share:

A Bridgeport family is displaced after a fire tore through their home early Sunday morning.
Officials say the flames broke out at 347 Wilmot Ave.
According to homeowner Bill Kirby, a burning candle in the living room of the first floor caused the fire. He says he woke up when the blanket he was sleeping under caught fire.
No injuries were reported.
Kirby says that most of his possessions were lost, and he and five other family members are now homeless.
The Red Cross is providing the family with temporary shelter.


More from News 12