Bridgeport police say extradited homicide suspect confessed; judge sets $2 million bond

A Bridgeport homicide suspect who was caught in Georgia was arraigned Thursday after being brought back to Connecticut Wednesday. 
Anthony Marion, 58, went before a judge in Bridgeport Superior Court charged with murder in the death of Gregory Williams. Police said Marion confessed to the crime during an interview with detectives Wednesday night.
Williams died in October 2022, but police said it was because of an attack nearly two years earlier in a parking lot in the middle of the day
“On Dec. 3, 2020, the Bridgeport Police Department responded to 308 Iranistan Ave. on a report of a stabbing. When they arrived, they had a victim there. He was stabbed once in the torso, and they sent him to the hospital,” said Capt. Kevin Gilleran.
Williams initially survived but died last year at the age of 68. Police said the medical examiner found the cause to be "respiratory complications due to a stab wound of the torso" and classified the death as a homicide. In May, the department's homicide squad took over the investigation.
“Within three months, they had a warrant for murder for Anthony Marion. He lived in that general area, pretty much directly across the street from where that incident occurred,” Gilleran told News 12, adding Marion went on the run after the stabbing. “He was apprehended in Georgia. It took about a month to get him back to Connecticut on an extradition warrant.”
Gilleran declined to go into specifics about Marion’s admission to police.
According to the arrest warrant, security cameras showed Marion confronted Williams and the two argued for several minutes with Marion noted as "the aggressor." Marion allegedly then cornered Williams while holding a gun in one hand and a knife in the other and lunged at him.
The warrant said several witnesses told police the fight was over money. One said it was just $20 that Marion believed Williams owed him.
Marion has an extensive criminal history out of Georgia from 1989-2015, including convictions for violence and gun charges.
In court, his attorney explained his client wouldn't be able to post any bond. Still, the judge set it at $2 million, which Marion visibly reacted to. The judge said her decision was based on the allegations and Marion’s record, along with him being a flight risk.