Chef's Quick Tips: Chocolate candy cookies
This week, Pastry Chef, Marina White of Terrain Garden Café in Westport, shows Tina Redwine how to make some sweet late-summer recipes.
Chocolate candy cookies
12 tbs butter, softened
3/4 cup (150 grams) brown sugar
2/3 cup (130 grams) granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 (270 grams) cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chopped chocolate candy
Sea salt for sprinkling
1. Position oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
2. Combine butter and both sugars in a stand mixer and cream together until fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla and beat until fully combined.
4. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until fully combined.
6. Add chopped chocolate candy and mix until candy is evenly distributed.
7. Portion cookie dough with a #40 cookie scoop and sprinkle with sea salt.
8. Position cookies a few inches a part on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
9. Let cool for a few minutes before transferring cookies to a wire cooling rack.
This year's Greenwich Wine and Food Festival benefits Food Rescue and is Friday, Sept. 20 and Saturday, Sept. 21. Enjoy food and cooking demonstrations from Connecticut's top chefs and sample the state's best wine and spirits. Chef Geoffrey Zakaria and Little Big Town/Michael Franti are some of the celebrities that are hosting this year. For more information click here or call 203-588-1363.