Chemical spill in Greenwich class prompts evacuation

A chemical spill in a Greenwich science class prompted an evacuation Friday.
Greenwich fire officials say around 10 a.m. a jar containing a deer fetus cracked at Western Junior High School. About two quarts of formaldehyde spilled onto the floor of the classroom.
Firefighters say some students and a janitor were exposed to fumes from the irritant chemical, which can cause a burning sensation in the eyes and throat and nausea. No one was injured from the spill.