Officials: 2 families displaced by 2-alarm fire in Bridgeport
Firefighters battled a two-alarm fire in Bridgeport Wednesday afternoon.
It broke out at a home on Vine Street around 1:30 p.m.
The fire started on a lower floor and burned up through the house. A neighboring home also was damaged.
Officials say two families have been displaced and are being helped by the Red Cross.
A resident told News 12 that a space heater and extension cord may have sparked the blaze. An official cause was not immediately available.