CSCU: In-person classes to begin in mid-January
Connecticut State Colleges and Universities announced Thursday that in-person classes will start in mid-January as the Omicron variant causes a surge in COVID-19 cases.
Officials say that in-person classes for state universities will begin on Jan. 19 while community colleges will begin on Jan. 21.
They say that the vaccine requirement is still in place and masks will continue to be required when on campus.
FULL BREAKDOWN FROM CSCU:
- "Beginning Jan. 10, employees at the universities, community colleges and at system office who have not already done so will return to their regular on-ground schedule or approved telework arrangement.
- At the state universities, student move-in will take place as scheduled on Jan. 17 and 18. In-person classes will begin on Jan. 19.
- At the community colleges, in-person classes will begin on Jan. 21.
- Charter Oak’s employee schedules will meet the needs of their rolling start dates.
- The vaccination requirement for students and employees remains in place. Those who have been granted a medical or nonmedical exemption will be required to submit to weekly testing. This includes both unvaccinated residential and commuter students".