Discarded embers blamed for Greenwich fire

Greenwich firefighters say a fire at a multimillion-dollar mansion earlier this week was started by fireplace embers. It happened on Khakum Wood Road Monday afternoon. No one was hurt, however the blaze

News 12 Staff

Jan 19, 2012, 1:44 AM

Updated 4,468 days ago

Share:

Discarded embers blamed for Greenwich fire
Greenwich firefighters say a fire at a multimillion-dollar mansion earlier this week was started by fireplace embers.
It happened on Khakum Wood Road Monday afternoon.
No one was hurt, however the blaze damaged the second floor above the garage.
The cause of the fire is similar to the tragic fire Christmas morning that killed three children and their grandparents in Stamford.
For extended Chopper 12 footage of the fire, go to channel 612 on your iO digital cable box and select iO Extra.
CHOPPER 12: Greenwich mansion fire
Officials urge caution when dealing with fireplace embersFire destroys Greenwich garage


More from News 12