Fire causes serious damage to Bridgeport home

An electrical fire caused serious damage to a Bridgeport home Thursday at around 11 p.m., according to fire officials.
One woman was inside the Raleigh Road home when the flames broke out. She escaped unharmed. Fire officials say two dozen firefighters took about 40 minutes to get the flames under control.
"It was pretty much trapped in there for a while, it was tough to get at," says Bridgeport Assistant Fire Chief Christopher Martin.
"The damage was extensive. [There's] damage to the second floor and a lot of water damage on the first floor," says Martin.
According to investigators, the fire started in the wiring behind a wall in a second floor bedroom or in the attic.