Firefighters respond to Malta House after fire scare

<p>A Norwalk charity had to be evacuated after a fire scare Monday morning.&nbsp;</p>

News 12 Staff

Dec 25, 2017, 5:27 PM

Updated 2,342 days ago

Share:

A Norwalk charity had to be evacuated after a fire scare Monday morning.
Firefighters responded to the Malta House just after 9 a.m. after one of the residents smelled smoke and pulled the fire alarm.
The Malta House is an organization that helps pregnant women and new mothers who are single and homeless. About 10 moms and moms-to-be currently live there.
Officials say everyone in the building was evacuated, but are now safe.
They say no fire was found in the building.
The smell of smoke was determined to be from a worn belt in the heating system. 


More from News 12