Girl hurt by fallen electrical wire at parade

Officials say a young girl was injured when a live electrical wire fell into the crowd at Bridgeport's Puerto Rican Parade Sunday. Firefighters say confetti from the parade got caught on the wires and

News 12 Staff

Jul 12, 2009, 11:39 PM

Updated 5,397 days ago

Share:

Girl hurt by fallen electrical wire at parade
Officials say a young girl was injured when a live electrical wire fell into the crowd at Bridgeport's Puerto Rican Parade Sunday.
Firefighters say confetti from the parade got caught on the wires and sparked an explosion, which caused the wire to fall to the ground near the intersection of Park Avenue and North Street. A woman standing next to 8-year-old Isabelle Ingelsia says the wire was headed toward them, so she pushed Isabelle out of the way.
The wire grazed the girl's leg, but did not injure her badly, officials say.


More from News 12