Intense heat forces some Connecticut schools to dismiss students early. Click here for the list.
Many students in Connecticut went back to school this week, but the intense heat is forcing some districts to enforce early dismissal. Some schools have also adjusted practice schedules for their sports teams for later times in an effort to beat the heat.
MORE: Connecticut Forecast
Below is a list of area schools that will be on an adjusted schedule this week due to the weather:
Bridgeport Public Schools
- All schools will have early dismissal due to heat, Friday, Sept. 8.
Fairfield Public Schools
- Jennings Elementary School
- Osborn Hill Elementary School
- Mill Hill Elementary School
- North Stratfield Elementary School
- Dwight Elementary School
- Woods Middle School
- Warde High School
- Ludlowe High School.
- Middle and High School students will be released at 11:45 a.m. and elementary school students will be released at 12:55 p.m. Bus service will be available as usual.
Milford Public Schools
- All Milford Public Schools will have an early dismissal on Friday, Sept. 8, 2023. Lunch will still be served on both days. After school professional learning for staff is canceled.
- Early dismissal for Milford Public Schools will follow the schedule below:
- Elementary School: 1:25 p.m. (including Ready to Learn)
- Middle School: 12:45 p.m.
- Jonathan Law/Joseph Foran HS: 11:58 a.m.
- The Academy: 11 a.m.
New Milford Public Schools
- Grades K-5- 1 p.m. dismissal
- Grades 6-12 - 12 p.m dismissal
Norwalk Public Schools
- The following schools will have a two-hour early dismissal on Friday, Sept. 8, 2023:
- Naramake Elementary School
- Rowayton Elementary School
- Tracey Magnet School
- West Rocks Middle School
- Wolfpit Integrated Arts School
Stamford Public Schools
- Due to the ongoing unseasonably hot weather, Stamford Public Schools will follow an early release schedule on Friday, Sept. 8.
Stratford Public Schools
- Students will be dismissed early on Friday, Sept. 8, 2023 due to heat. Follow the "Inclement Weather Early Dismissal Schedule."
Torrington Public Schools
- All schools will have early dismissal on Sept. 8.