Officials: Carbon monoxide detectors a must for winter

Southwestern Connecticut residents are being advised to safeguard their homes against carbon monoxide this winter.
A new study says January has the highest number of carbon monoxide poisoning deaths. The deadly gas is created by the incomplete combustion of fuel. Residents are advised to install detectors for the gas, since carbon monoxide is odorless and tasteless.
Approximately 500 people die in the United States each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
"It's needs to be something that people take as important as smoke detectors," warns Kepchar.