Officials: Fire breaks out inside basement of Bridgeport home

A fire broke out inside the basement of a Bridgeport home, officials say.
The fire happened Thursday inside of a home on Hastings Street around 1 p.m. 
Fire officials says the fire apparently started in the dryer, damaging the basement and first floor.
All seven people inside the home were able to get out safely thanks to a working smoke alarm, officials say.
The Red Cross was called to help the five adults and two children who were living in the home at the time of the fire.