Residents warned after deadly Stratford fire

Stratford fire officials say there are lessons to be learned from Saturday's house fire that killed a mother and her son. Firefighters say once on scene they did everything they could to save Linda Borger

News 12 Staff

Aug 10, 2009, 6:06 PM

Updated 5,369 days ago

Share:

Residents warned after deadly Stratford fire
Stratford fire officials say there are lessons to be learned from Saturday's house fire that killed a mother and her son.
Firefighters say once on scene they did everything they could to save Linda Borger and her 17-year-old son, Anthony, but claim there were things that happened before they arrived that could have been avoided.
They say there was a problem with the first 911 call made because it was made from a cell phone and they couldn't get the address. Firefighters say another issue was the smoke detector on the Borger's second floor was disconnected and in a closet.
Officials say a cigarette most likely lit an upstairs mattress on fire.


More from News 12