Search continues for man accused of abducting son

A missing Trumbull boy who was allegedly abducted by his estranged father was found safe in New York, but search efforts are continuing for the father. The disappearance of 7-year-old Ariel Revello

News 12 Staff

Mar 14, 2016, 1:38 AM

Updated 3,052 days ago

Share:

A missing Trumbull boy who was allegedly abducted by his estranged father was found safe in New York, but search efforts are continuing for the father.
The disappearance of 7-year-old Ariel Revello prompted an Amber alert Saturday morning. Police say they were called to the boy's mother's house on Unity Road around 4:30 a.m. Saturday after the estranged father broke in. They say 43-year-old Rodolfo Revello assaulted the boy's mother.
Officials say the mother escaped by jumping out of a window and hiding in the yard. Police say the man then stole thousands of dollars of cash and jewelry, and also took the boy.
Police had said they were possibly bound for the Bronx in New York, prompting an Amber alert to be issued in that state as well. However, the alerts were canceled Saturday evening and officials said the boy had been found safe in Queens, New York.
They said the boy's father called police and said he was leaving Ariel with a relative. Police responded to the location and found Ariel unharmed, and are reuniting him with his mother.
Trumbull officials say the elder Revello has not yet been located. He is described as a Hispanic male with a bald head and brown eyes. He is approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs about 190 pounds.
Police confirm Revello's wife had a restraining order against him, although Revello did have visitation rights.
Court documents show Revello was on federal probation for drug charges and was linked to the Latin Kings gang.
Records say he was arrested five years ago for buying 500 grams of cocaine with the intent to distribute. He was convicted and sentenced to five years in prison in 2012, but was released in 2014.


More from News 12