Police: 2 people charged for allegedly assaulting Trumbull mall food court employee

Posted: Updated:

Police say two people are facing charges following a fight at Westfield Trumbull Mall. 

They say 18-year-old Hilary Nolasco-Delobre, of Waterbury, complained to an employee at Sarku Japan about a portion size. 

Authorities say the two got into an argument when Nolasco-Delobre allegedly jumped over the counter and attacked the employee.

They also say 26-year-old Davon Myles, also of Waterbury, and other members of their group, started throwing food and napkin containers. Officers say they caused $1,100 in damage and lost revenue.

The employee was not seriously injured in the incident.

A cellphone video on Facebook appears to show members of Nolasco-Delobre's group throwing food, napkins and a service tray at Sarku employees.

 
User: Shanik To: link

 

The suspects charged told News 12 that the whole story isn’t being covered. They claim employees threw food and boxes at them first and that they should be charged too. 

However, News 12 was not able to contact them again to complete an interview.

In a statement, a spokesperson for the mall said, “The safety and security of our customers, employees, retailers and facilities is of primary importance, always; and substantial resources are devoted to security matters. As a matter of industry best practices though, we do not discuss or reveal the specifics of our security plans. As always, we appreciate the support of the Trumbull Police Department, and will continue to work with them regarding the incident in this video.” 

Both Nolasco-Delobre and Myles were charged with breach of peace and released on a promise to appear.

Nolasco-Delobre is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 24, and Myles is scheduled to appear on Jan. 22.

The incident is just one of many recent destructive outbursts caused by mall patrons in Connecticut. Earlier this week a man caused $100,000 worth of damage inside the newly opened Bloomingdale's at SoNo Collection.

In late December 2019, the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford was evacuated and shut down after several fights broke out among teenagers.

  • Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>

  • Former attorney of Fotis Dulos pleads not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder

    Former attorney of Fotis Dulos pleads not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder

    Thursday, February 20 2020 5:05 PM EST2020-02-20 22:05:11 GMT
    The former attorney and friend of Fotis Dulos appeared in court Thursday in connection to the disappearance and killing of Jennifer Dulos.
    The former attorney and friend of Fotis Dulos appeared in court Thursday in connection to the disappearance and killing of Jennifer Dulos.
  • Food Fight: Vote on the Top 12

    Food Fight: Vote on the Top 12

    It’s the battle for the best eats! Let us know where you like to eat!

    It’s the battle for the best eats! Let us know where you like to eat!

  • German gunman calling for genocide kills 9 people

    German gunman calling for genocide kills 9 people

    Thursday, February 20 2020 2:46 AM EST2020-02-20 07:46:43 GMT
    Thursday, February 20 2020 5:16 PM EST2020-02-20 22:16:42 GMT
    (AP Photo/Michael Probst). A car with dead bodies stands in front of a bar in Hanau, Germany, Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020. German police say several people were shot to death in the city of Hanau on Wednesday evening.(AP Photo/Michael Probst). A car with dead bodies stands in front of a bar in Hanau, Germany, Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020. German police say several people were shot to death in the city of Hanau on Wednesday evening.
    (AP Photo/Michael Probst). A car with dead bodies stands in front of a bar in Hanau, Germany, Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020. German police say several people were shot to death in the city of Hanau on Wednesday evening.(AP Photo/Michael Probst). A car with dead bodies stands in front of a bar in Hanau, Germany, Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020. German police say several people were shot to death in the city of Hanau on Wednesday evening.
    Federal prosecutors say they are taking charge of the investigating into a mass shooting in the German city of Hanau that left 11 people dead, including the suspect.
    Federal prosecutors say they are taking charge of the investigating into a mass shooting in the German city of Hanau that left 11 people dead, including the suspect.
sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."