Stratford fire leaves 2 families homeless

A fire in a Stratford apartment building Saturday morning has left two families homeless.
About a dozen residents were forced onto the street around 9 a.m. when their building?s fire alarms went off. Before leaving her apartment, one resident took her video camera to capture the footage.
?First they were breaking windows and then there was smoke coming out,? said Raven Richburg. ?The firefighters were running up the ladder to go into the building and try to help people come out.?
It took firemen about 15 minutes to extinguish the fire, officials say. No one was seriously injured in the fire, and all but two families were allowed to return to their apartments. The Red Cross is helping the families whose apartments were completely destroyed.
While they haven?t been able to determine the exact cause of the fire, officials know that it started in between the walls of two apartments.