Westport house fire kills pet, displaces family

The building has been deemed uninhabitable. The Red Cross is assisting the family.

News 12 Staff

Jan 17, 2024, 10:44 AM

Updated 183 days ago

Share:

A pet died in a Westport house fire yesterday.
The fire broke out yesterday afternoon on Compo Road South. Fire officials say the department was responding across the road to a large tree that had fallen across the street, taking down power and utility lines.
The building has been deemed uninhabitable. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
A second pet was rescued.


More from News 12