6-year-old burn victim from Bridgeport leaves hospital

A 6-year-old boy badly burned last week in his backyard left Bridgeport Hospital on Monday.

News 12 Staff

May 3, 2022, 8:40 PM

Updated 748 days ago

Share:

6-year-old burn victim from Bridgeport leaves hospital
A 6-year-old boy badly burned last week in his backyard left Bridgeport Hospital on Monday.
Dominick Krankall’s story quickly captured national attention last week. Police say he suffered burns to his face and leg when he came in contact with a ball doused with gasoline and set on fire in his backyard on April 24.
His cousin Maria Grasso, who works at the hospital, told News 12 that Dominick wants to have a career in law enforcement, just like the men and women who turned out to show their support during a parade for him on Thursday.
Dominick's parents say he was the victim of a bully who targeted their son.
"He threw a ball at his face and set my son on fire," his mother Maria Rua said.
The other child's family disputes those allegations.
His mother released a statement: 
"For all asking about Dominick, he was released from the hospital today and going to get a visiting nurse to help with his recovery. He got a special ride home from an amazing state trooper. Dominick is so happy to be out and with his brothers and sisters! Again thank you all for the love and support his healing has a lot to do with all the love and prayers."




More from News 12