Bridgeport officer cleared in teen's death remains on paid leave

<p>A Bridgeport police officer cleared last week in the killing of an unarmed teenager remains on paid administrative leave.</p>

News 12 Staff

Feb 1, 2018, 2:48 PM

Updated 2,304 days ago

Share:

A Bridgeport police officer cleared last week in the killing of an unarmed teenager remains on paid administrative leave.
A spokesman for Bridgeport police told the Hartford Courant Wednesday Officer James Boulay would be on leave until an internal investigation of the shooting is complete.
Waterbury State's Attorney Maureen Platt said in a report released last Friday Boulay was justified when he fatally shot 15-year-old Jayson Negron back in May.
Julian Fyffe, 21, was also wounded.
Supporters of Negron called for a murder charge against Boulay, disputing Police Chief AJ Perez's account that Boulay opened fire when a stolen SUV, driven by Negron, suddenly went into reverse and nearly struck Boulay.
Boulay has declined to comment on the shooting.
AP wire services helped contribute to this report.


More from News 12