Chef's Quick Tip: Deviled eggs
Chef Michael from Stew Leonard's shares how to make a healthy and delicious deviled egg.
Stew Leonard's Deviled Eggs
A new protein-packed take on a classic appetizer! Stew's cage-free eggs are from the Amish country. Yields 24 servings.
• One dozen of Stew Leonard's Cage Free Eggs
• 1 container of Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus (10 oz.)
• 1 package of Citterio Diced Pancetta Bacon (4oz.)
• Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
• Place eggs in a small sauce pan with enough water to cover. Bring it to a boil and then start a 10-minute cook time for a hard-cooked egg.
• Drain and cool eggs over cold running water for 10 more minutes.
• Hand peel shell off eggs and cut each one in half lengthwise. Remove the leftover yolk from each half and reserve.
• Place reserved egg yolk and roasted garlic hummus in a food processor. Blend just until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
• Fill each egg half with just enough egg yolk and hummus mixture to insure all egg half's get filled.
• In a dry sauté pan, render the pancetta bacon until it's well done and crispy. Drain on a paper towel to dry and cool.
• Sprinkle a bit of crispy pancetta bacon crumble on each egg.
• Serve and enjoy!