Investigators: Fire at Orange restaurant started in kitchen ceiling

<p>A fire broke out at a TGI Fridays in Orange Saturday night, according to reports.</p>

News 12 Staff

Oct 22, 2017, 11:31 AM

Updated 2,407 days ago

Share:

A fire broke out at a TGI Fridays in Orange Saturday night.
It began at around 8 p.m., and roads were closed in the surrounding areas to allow fire engines to battle the flames.
Investigators say the fire started in the ceiling of the kitchen. They were still surveying the restaurant on Sunday.
Workers at the restaurant tell News 12 that they were confused because the smoke was not coming from the stove or grill. They say management did an excellent job getting staff and customers outside, but are now dealing with the loss of their jobs until the restaurant is back open.
Employees tell News 12 that they have the option of working at another TGI Fridays, but that could mean driving as far as the Bronx.


More from News 12