Officials: Yacht caught fire after grill went up in flames in Norwalk

A cellphone video shows a yacht fire in Norwalk that started because of a grill fire, officials say.

News 12 Staff

May 23, 2019, 10:34 AM

Updated 1,825 days ago

Share:

A cellphone video shows a yacht fire in Norwalk that started because of a grill fire, officials say. 
The boat caught fire Wednesday night near Sunset Grill.
The video was taken by a bystander. 
The fire department says a propane grill at the back of the 80-foot boat caught fire, sending thick smoke billowing into the air.
A police officer dining at the Sunset Grill saw the flames and helped evacuate the vessel.
No one was hurt.


More from News 12