Police: Contractor accidentally set Wilton roof on fire

<p>Officials say a contractor was preparing to do roofing work and apparently made a mistake gassing up a hot piece of equipment.</p>

News 12 Staff

Aug 8, 2018, 10:15 AM

Updated 2,147 days ago

Share:

Authorities have a clearer picture as to why a Wilton building went up in flames.
It happened Tuesday at a commercial building on Danbury Road.
Officials say a contractor was preparing to do roofing work and apparently made a mistake gassing up a hot piece of equipment.
"He was filling up a gasoline-fed blower, to blow the stuff off the roof to get it ready and he filled a hot machine," says Wilton Fire Chief Ronald Kanterman. "We always tell people, don't fill your lawn mower when it's hot, when it's running, this is a classic case of that." 
No one was injured.
The roof has some damage, but the building's interior wasn't affected.


More from News 12