Sen. Blumenthal warns consumers of hazardous toys
Sen. Richard Blumenthal spoke at the Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford on Monday, highlighting warnings in the U.S. PIRG's annual Trouble in Toyland report.
He was joined by doctors and families whose children were injured from ingesting dangerous toys.
The guide spreads awareness of these toys -- some with choking hazards or contaminated materials.
This year’s report included water beads, which caused thousands of injuries and at least one death.
“The simple fact is that right now it falls to the parents and caregivers to take precautions to look for the list of recalled toys and avoid buying resold products that are unsafe,” said Blumenthal.
Blumenthal sent a letter to the Consumer Product Safety Commission back in September to remove hazardous toys from stores online and in-person.