Gas leak shuts down Main Street in Westport
A natural gas leak shut down Main Street in Westport Wednesday.
Fire officials say construction crews called to report the possible leak at 136 Main St., a shopping plaza that is home to several popular retailers.
The fire department says the entire plaza and neighboring buildings were all evacuated, and the streets surrounding the building were closed.
Public Works and Southern Connecticut Gas eventually found the shut-off so crews could make repairs.