‘Neighborhood staple’: Fund to help Scribner's employees after fire

A GoFundMe set up for employees affected by a fire at a popular Woodmont restaurant has accrued more than $5,000.
Scribner's Restaurant on Village Road suffered smoke and water damage after a fire broke out in the kitchen on Nov. 1.
The restaurant has been closed since the incident, creating a precarious situation for 25 employees, who the owner says are like a family.
Family friend Patti Cuzino set up the GoFundMe page. She says her children worked at Scribner's when they were teens.
"They have given so much to the community over these 45 years. Every kid in Woodmont probably had their first job at Scribner's, whether it was working the coat room or as a bus person or a host,” she says. “It's a neighborhood staple."
Scribner’s has plans to reopen after the insurance process is completed.