Police: Connecticut man ID'd as suspect in shootout at Westchester motel

Officials say a Connecticut man has been identified as the suspect who was killed when gunfire erupted during a federal drug bust at a motel in Westchester, New York. 
The incident happened at the Ardsley Acres Motel on Saw Mill River Road in Westchester around 10:30 p.m. Monday.
The suspect who was killed in a wild shootout with authorities at an Ardsley hotel has been identified.
Westchester County District Attorney Anthony A. Scarpino Jr. says Samuel Galberth, 42, of West Haven, Connecticut, was killed after he opened fire on FBI agents and the Greenburgh Police Task Force at the Ardsley Acres Motel on Saw Mill River Road around 10:30 p.m.
Scarpino says the suspect was sought in connection with more than one investigation in Connecticut and elsewhere, and the officers were attempting to execute several out-of-state warrants.  A second man, who had been with Galberth in the motel, was arrested on another interstate warrant for bank robbery. “As the officers approached the motel, the suspect came out of the room and engaged officers in gunfire. Multiple shots were exchanged between the officers and the suspect," says Ardsley Police Chief Anthony Piccolino.
Galberth was pronounced dead at Westchester County Medical Center.
Greenburgh Police Chief Chris McNerney says two members of the SWAT team were injured. He says a sergeant from Greenburgh was shot in the chest, but his bullet-proof vest stopped the bullet. The second sergeant hit is from the Dobbs Ferry Police Department, who suffered a gunshot wound to the leg. Both have been treated and released.
Police secured the scene and tell News 12 that weapons were recovered, adding that the public should not be alarmed. "We have secured the scene, we're not looking for anybody, this was contained, and there's nothing to worry about, the scene is safe, the village is safe," says Piccolino.
Guests at the hotel say they had no idea was going on. "I just walked out to get my charger and I saw guys run up and down and then I just heard shots. Flash bombs, shots, unbelievable gunfire," says witness Anthony Passananti.