Chef's Quick Tip: Chocolate Hummus
This week, Chrissy Tracey from Bon Appetit shows Tina Redwine how to make chocolate hummus.
• 1/3 cup cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 2 tbsp hot water
• 5-6 tbsp maple syrup or any other liquid sweetener
• 15 oz can canned chickpeas, rinsed
• 1/2 tsp espresso powder, optional
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp salt
• For serving: fresh fruit, pretzels, or chips
1. Add tahini and cocoa powder to a high speed blender or food processor. Drizzle hot water
on top and puree until creamy and smooth.
2. Pour in your maple syrup and mix well, scraping the sides as necessary.
3. Add the chickpeas, optional espresso powder, vanilla, and salt. Puree for up to 5 minutes,
stopping as needed to continually scrape the sides. Blend until creamy and taste—add
more sweetener as desired and more hot water if necessary, one tablespoon at a time.
4. Transfer to serving bowl and serve!