Chef's Quick Tip: Cinnamon Bun French Toast
This week, Chef Nikki Glekas, CEO of Nikki Glekas Events
, shows Tina Redwine how to make Cinnamon Bun French Toast.
Cinnamon Bun French Toast
Makes 8 Servings
Timing: 15 minutes, plus baking and resting.
Equipment needed: baking dish (9’’X13’’)
2 ¼ cups whole milk
1 dozen eggs
1 cup brown sugar, packed and divided into ½ cup portions
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
1 ½ stick butter, divided into 1 stick and ½ stick portions
2/3 cup flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Slice challah in 1/2'' slices, set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix one dozen eggs, vanilla, milk and cinnamon - set aside
4. In the bottom of your baking dish mix 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 stick melted butter
5. Layer challah on top of brown sugar mixture. You can shingle the bread so it takes up the
6. Carefully pour your egg and milk mixture over
7. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
8. Remove from fridge when ready to bake and top with crumble* Recipe below
9. Bake for 30 minutes covered, and an additional 15 minutes uncovered
10. Top with your favorite icing, enjoy!
To make crumble: melt ½ stick of butter and mix with flour, ½ cup brown sugar and 1 tsp
cinnamon until well combined and crumbly.