Chef's Quick Tip: Linzer cookies
This week, Executive Pastry Chef Jamie Caudy shows Tina Redwine how to make some sweet treats.
127g Butter, cold and cubed
127g Sugar½ ea Oranges, zest only pinch Salt 2ea Eggs142g All Purpose Flour
127g Hazelnut Flourpinch Cardamom pinch Cinnamon
1. Sift flours and spices together onto parchment paper and reserve.
2. In the stand up mixer cream butter, sugar, orange zest and salt.
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Add dry ingredients in2 separate additions, taking care to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl in between each addition.
5. Once last addition of flour is added, mix just until the dough comes together and flour is incorporated. DO NOT OVER MIX!!
6. Portion dough out into small blocks, wrap with plastic wrap and allow to rest in walk in for 1 hour.
7. Roll dough about ¼ inch thick on a of a piece of parchment paper.
8. Cut desired shapes and bake at 350 degrees for about 7-8 minutes.
9. Fill cookies with you favorite jam and dust with powdered sugar
10. Consume withing 3 days