Chef's Quick Tip: Vegan Mac and Cheese
This week, Chef Rene Johnson shows Tina Redwine how to make vegan mac and cheese.
Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- ½ vegan butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup vegan milk
- ½ salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. elbow noodles boiled
- ½ salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ evaporated milk
- 8X10 Baking Dish
- Non-Stick Spray
1. In a medium size saucepan, melt butter on medium high heat, add flour to melted butter, stirring until well blended.
2. Add Evaporated milk, salt, smoked paprika.
3. Lower heat to medium, stirring constantly, making sure flour mixture does not burn, mixture will begin to bubble and thicken.
4. Once mixture has thickened and bubbles add vegan cheese. Stir until cheese melts set aside.
5. In large bowl, add boiled noodles and pour ½ cheese mixture over noodles. Taste for salt preference. Pour into your prepared baking dish.
6. Pour the remaining vegan milk over the top of cheese noodle mixture, pour the remaining cheese sauce over noodle.
7. Bake for 35 minutes to heat thoroughly.