Chef's Quick Tip: Baked Chicken
This week, Chef Katrina Pilver shows Tina Redwine how to make savory soul food with a Caribbean twist.
6-8 assorted chicken parts such as drumstick thigh and/or breast. (approximately
Seasoning salt (approximately 20 grams or to taste)
Granulated garlic (a liberal sprinkle approximately 10 grams)
Paprika (a light even dusting)
Dried Parsley (a light sprinkle)
Water (about 2 cups)
Begin the night before
1. Arrange Chicken in 3 Quart Casserole Dish
2. Sprinkle Seasoning Salt to taste and rub into both sides of all pieces of chicken.
Allow to sit overnight for maximum flavor.
3. Before baking, arrange chicken pieces skin side up and sprinkle with granulated
garlic, then paprika and parsley.
4. Pour about 2 cups of water into casserole dish being careful not to pour over top
of chicken so as not to wash away seasoning.
5. Bake in 350-400 degree oven for approximately an hour and a half to an hour
and 45 minutes until top is brown and internal temp is around 200 degrees, or
come on down to 115 Main Street in Norwalk and we will do the work for you!
Call 203-939-9598 for pickup or delivery.Contact:
Chef Katrina Pilver
Ms. Barbara Jean's Soul Food Kitchen