Chef's Quick Tip: Baked ziti
This week, Chef Stephanie Berghoff with The Home Cook, shows Tina Redwine how to make a baked ziti.
One-Pot Baked Ziti with Sausage:
1. To take sausage out of casing, cut the casing with a knife and squeeze out sausage filling
2. Sauté the sausage with two diced shallots, one garlic glove, and 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a Dutch oven
3. When the sausage is cooked through, add in thawed frozen spinach (make sure to squeeze out the water before adding to sausage mixture!) and mix with 1 lb. of al dente or undercooked ziti noodles
4. Add in a 32 oz. jar of your favorite tomato sauce, ½ cup of ricotta cheese, ½ cup of parmesan cheese, and ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and stir to combine
5. Cover with grated cheese and bake covered at 375 for 20 minutes
6. Remove cover and cook for another 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and browned.