Officials: Space heater sparked fire at Bridgeport housing complex

<p>Officials say a space heater sparked a fire Thursday at the Green Homes housing complex in Bridgeport.</p>

News 12 Staff

Dec 29, 2017, 12:26 PM

Updated 2,334 days ago

Share:

Officials say a space heater sparked a fire Thursday at the Green Homes housing complex in Bridgeport.
The flames broke out around 4 p.m. Officials say a space heater was left too close to a bed, causing the fire.
Fire crews were able to keep the flames from spreading to other apartments.
Officials say they recommend avoiding the use of fuel-powered space heaters this season, as they could tip over and possibly cause the fluid to ignite.
Officials add that fuel-powered space heaters are illegal for indoor use and can only be used outside. They say now is also a good time to make sure residents have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.


More from News 12