Students examined after fire extinguisher goes off in classroom

Students were examined after a fire extinguisher went off inside a Stamford school classroom. It happened at Newfield Elementary School near the end of the day Tuesday. Officials say the extinguisher

News 12 Staff

Oct 26, 2016, 3:54 AM

Updated 2,822 days ago

Share:

Students were examined after a fire extinguisher went off inside a Stamford school classroom.
It happened at Newfield Elementary School near the end of the day Tuesday.
Officials say the extinguisher fell off a wall and locked into the "on" position and started spraying fire suppressant in the classroom. Twenty children were examined afterward, and none of them were hurt.
News 12 is told firefighters put the extinguisher in a garbage can and covered it until it was empty.


More from News 12